When you first install the automatic scoring edition of BTM-2013, the front desk computer must be made visible to the program, as well as the import and export directories must be established.
To set up Automatic Scoring, do the following:
1. Open BTM-2013
2. Click on Program Setup/Configuration > Automatic Scoring Setup (A5)
3. Click Scoring
4. Unlock the screen using the LOCK icon on the toolbar. The password is CDESOFTWARE (the reason is to prevent accidental setting)
Each scoring manufacturer has a different requirement but BTM-2013 must point to the Front Desk or point to the scoring system server.
If BTM-2013 is installed on a computer other than this, the computer BTM-2013 is installed on must be able to see this computer across the network. You may need to consult your scoring system maker or network specialist for questions pertaining to configuring your network.
1. Either enter the appropriate path to where BTM-2013 exports files to and that the scoring system is expecting them or click browse to indicate the location..
2. Either enter the appropriate path to where BTM-2013 imports files to and that the scoring system is placing the scores or click browse to indicate the location..
3. Either enter the appropriate path to where BTM-2013 or click the browse icon next to the Location of Front Desk or Server, depending on the scoring system.
4. Click OK.
5. The program should default to the correct import and export directories. Consult with your scoring manufacturer on the proper location of the import and export directories