If you received a Runtime error 217, this indicates that your computer does not have a default printer selected. Usually this can occur when getting a new computer.
If you use a printer with the computer, make sure you have installed the software/drivers for the printer and designate that printer as Default from within Windows.
If you do not use a printer with this computer, then we recommend adding a printer driver from the list of printers that come with Windows and after the printer driver has installed, select NO to printing a test page.
If you do have printer drivers listed in your list of printers, reselect a printer to be your default printer, in case Windows "forgot" which printer was designated as the default printer.
While it is not required to actually have a printer attached to the computer that BLS is used with, a printer driver is necessary as part of the components used to generate and preview reports.
The resolution is simple by following these steps:
- Click the WINDOWS start icon, usually found in the lower right hand corner of the screen or press the WINDOWS key on your keyboard.
- Select SETTINGS.
- Select DEVICES.
- Select PRINTERS & SETTINGS.
- A list of your printers are displayed. Scroll to the bottom and UNCHECK the option LET WINDOWS MANAGE MY DEFAULT PRINTER.
- Scroll back up and select the printer you want to be the default printer.
- Click the MANAGE button.
- Click SET AS DEFAULT button.
- Close the window. The program should operate now correctly.