By default Windows 10 is set to use Edge to open & view PDFs. This can be cumbersome since Edge can limit what functionality you have, such as signing the awards forms. Follow these steps to change the default app to Adobe Acrobat Reader or Acrobat:
- Click on the Start menu and start typing Default apps.
- Click on that option when it appears in the list.
- On the right side of the window, scroll until you can see & click on the text link for Choose default apps by file type.
- On the right, locate the hidden scroll bar and scroll down until you see .pdf in the very left column.
- To the right of .pdf, click on the shown option (probably Edge).
- From the drop-down list select either Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC.
- You can now close the Settings window.
- Your PDF files will now open in the app of your choice.