If the leagues did not copy from the installer into the new BLS, it could be due to the following:
- The league had ended and your are using the File > Open League for Current Season. Since the league ended, it's not current. Use the File > Open Any League
- The league is not listed in the most recently used list of leagues in the File Menu because you've not opened that league in the new program. Use the File > Open Any League feature.
- The league from the older program was not in the standard location for the older program. In that situation, find out where you were storing your prior league and then use the Copy League Wizard under Maintenance to copy the leagues.
To resolve do one of the following:
- You can copy the leagues by hand if you have BLS-2017 or newer. Go to c:\Users\Public\Public Documents\BLS[your version you had before] folder and copy the leagues folder and then paste it in the c:\Users\Public\Public Documents\BLS2021 folder, overwriting the Leagues folder.
As an example, if the leagues didn't copy over from BLS-2020, you would use Windows and go to c:\Users\Public\Public Documents\BLS2020 folder, right-click on the Leagues folder and select COPY, then go to the c:\Users\Public\Public Documents\BLS2021 folder, right-click in the open area of the window and select PASTE. This will copy the leagues from 2020 to 2021.
- You can use the backup / restore league features. From your BLS-2020, BLS-2019, BLS-2018 or BLS-2017(depending on which you used), use the Backup League feature and back up each league to your desktop or to a USB memory drive. Then from BLS-2021, use the Restore League feature.
We have seen cases where Windows Installer may not copy the leagues or all of the leagues. We've been unable to replicate a situation and the programming of our installer is such that it is to copy ALL files in the folder.