If you receive a message such as "MBD Error EDB-1100. Check that the server is running and that this program is correctly pointing to IP and Port that the serves is configured for.
Check firewall configurations to allow incoming and outgoing connections on the configured port with this program." then most likely the MBD server stopped running.
To resolve, either reboot the computer MBD Server is installed on or do the following:
If using MBD-2020 version 20.02.02 or higher:
- Search for Restart MBD Services or click Start > Programs > CDE Software MBD-2020 > Restart MBD Services or go to C:\Program Files (x86)\MBDII\RestartMBDService.exe or C:\Program Files\MBDII\RestartMBDService.exe
- Click Restart MBD Services
- Press the WINDOWS key and the R key at the same time.
- Enter SERVICES.MSC and press enter.
- Within Local Services listed, locate CDE Software MBD Server. Verify that the startup type is Automatic.
- Verify that the status says RUNNING. If the status does not say Running, then Windows did not start the server after booting up. Right-click on this service and select Start.
- Repeat for the CDE Software MBD Background Service