Password: ATT Email Password
Use Advanced Settings to set SMTP Server Port: Yes
SMTP Server Port: 465
Email Server requires SSL and/or TLS Mode: Yes
SSL/TLS Start Mode: Automatic
Important: Your AT&T/Yahoo Account Security may need to be configured to allow apps that use less secure sign in. If this is disabled, the CDE program will usually receive a response of incorrect user name and/or password errors. Also, the server settings may be different - please check with AT&T regarding what settings should be made.
Note - You may need to set up a Secure Mail Key, which essentially is a secondary password just for use with BLS.
Create a secure mail key for AT&T
Have your User ID and password ready to sign in to myAT&T.
- Go to Profile > Sign-in info.
- Select the email account that you want to get a secure mail key for. (You’ll find a drop-down menu at the top if you have multiple accounts.)
- Scroll to Secure mail key and select Manage secure mail key.
- If you have more than one email address, select the one you want to use.
- Select Add secure mail key.
- Enter a nickname called "CDE" for the secure mail key to make it easier to recognize.
- Select Create secure mail key.
- Select Copy secure mail key to clipboard. (Jot down your secure mail key, so you have it handy if you have to update an email app on several devices.)
- For security purposes, the secure mail key only shows until you select OK.
- If you lose or forget the secure mail key, you can create new secure mail keys as needed.
- Select OK.
- Replace the password in the email settings of BLS with the secure mail key.