If you are having problems testing or uploading, confirm your settings to make sure they are up to date and correct from what BPAA sent.
- Verify your settings entered into BLS with the settings provided by BPAA.
- Verify your user name is entered exactly as the one BPAA has assigned to you for your hosted website.
- Verify your password entered is entered exactly as the one BPAA has assigned to you for your hosted website. Pay attention to UPPER/lower case letters as this will make a difference.
- Verify the host (server) is entered exactly as the one BPAA has assigned to you for your hosted website.
- Verify the Upload path is correct, per how your BPAA website is configured or per BPAA's instructions.
- Verify the Port number is set to 21, unless you have configured the BPAA webserver to use a different port number.
- Passive Transfer is set to YES.
- SFTP should be set to NO.
- SSL FTP Mode should be set to DISABLE.
Try the connection. If you continue to get errors, go to next step.
- Use an FTP program to verify the settings to eliminate BLS as the issue.
- Download the free FileZilla FTP Client from https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client
- Start FileZilla
- At the top of the screen, enter the host, username and password then click QuickConnect
- Below those settings will be a log of what is happening. If the screen reports an error, such as "Response: 530 User cannot log in." then this means that the username/password combination is not correct or that the server name is incorrect. You will need to then contact BPAA Webservices to resolve issues with your account.
Contact BPAA Webservices and verify that your account info has not changed, such as being reassigned a new server, username and password. We have communicated with BPAA and understand they have been moving several accounts to new servers and have reassigned new credentials, requiring you contact them directly for updated information.