To send outgoing email with Gmail:
- If you have not created a Gmail account, then visit http://www.gmail.com and create a free Gmail account.
- Open BLS-2017.
- Click File > Program Preferences
- Select the Internet & Updates tab and click Change Internet Upload and Email Settings
- Enter your name and Gmail Email Address under Your Identity
- Enter smtp.gmail.com for SMTP Server
- Enter your Gmail email address under User Name
- Enter your Gmail email password under Password
- Select Yes to login using your user name and password
- Under Advanced Settings, select Yes for using Advanced Settings to set SMTP Server Port
- Enter 587 for SMTP Server Port
- Select Yes for SSL and/or TLS Mode.
- Select Explicit for SSL/TLS Mode.
Note: Gmail has changed its security protocols to allow third party applications to send email. Because BLS was not intended to act as a full replacement for an email program, in order to send emails from within BLS-2017, you will need to enable the Less Secure Apps option in the Sign-in & security options under your Google account's preferences. If you do not wish to do so, you will need to use a different email provider to send outbound emails from BLS.