I was able to work with a "dummy" league that I had leftover from last season. I happen to be using the same version numbers for both BLS-2017 and BLS-2018 (thank you VERY MUCH for including those version numbers!). Because I had only used it last season to test things to help other users, I had to restart it for the new season using BLS-2017. To try to match the status for your league, I entered random scores for the first two weeks of bowling.
Because I already had BLS-2018 installed, though, it didn't copy the restarted league to the BLS-2018 Leagues folder for me like it does when it does its initial installation. Thus instead, I did the item "Copy Recent or Old Leagues to BLS-2018" to manually update it to work with the new software. Perhaps you could do this manually, following the steps I used below:
With no league open, under the "File" menu: "Copy Recent or Old Leagues to BLS-2018".
At bottom, select button next to "This Specific Directory:" then click "Select Folder" button to right.
Navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents\BLS2017\Leagues
Click on "All Leagues" button in lower left (this will update the league list).
Locate league and double-click on it.
Click "Yes" on all dialogs. When prompted to change the description for the league, make one minor change but leave everything else as-is.
Under the "File" menu: "Open League for Current Season".
At bottom, select button next to "Default folder for leagues".
In list that appears, locate copied league and double-click on it.
Click "Yes" on all dialogs.
Doing this, I found that I was fully able to have the weekly high scores appear on the standings sheet as expected.
You posted version numbers (again, thank you) and described what you expected to see and attempted to accomplish. I have a feeling you may be able to get through these steps and quite possibly get yourself working okay.
Always check, download, and install the most recent update of your software to ensure that issues may have been corrected.